You can just copy and paste the rupee symbol ₹ into your word if you are looking for only one-time typing. If you need to type in rupee symbol every now and then, you may want to learn one of the below techniques.
- [MAC]: Open Keyboard preferences. ( Command + Space, then type keyboard and press enter). Got to Text tab and configure replacement option as shown below.
- MS WORD: Go to Auto correct... settings. Add an entry of auto-correct list to replace rs with ₹. So everytime you type rs in word, it would automatically be replaced by ₹ symbol. This works for both Microsoft (MS) Windows and Apple Mac version of Word.
- If you keyboard has the rupee key, just hit Ctrl Alt ₹ simultaneously.
- Hold down Alt key and type 8377 on the number pad.
- Go to Insert --> Symbol --> Locate a font that has ₹ symbol and click on the ₹ symbol.
Hope this helps. Please comment if you have any better/easy way of doing typing a rupee symbol in MS word documents and excel & power-point documents.