• Register
0 votes
We have moved to a new home and my kids passport has expired. Should I need to submit address proof for my Kid or I can use my old address. I personally know the people staying in the old address.
asked by

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes. That said, the address proof can be that of the parents address proof. The passports of the parents would just be fine as long as you are residing in the same house when you took the last passport.

If you had moved to a different house, then you need to submit one of the 12 address proofs of the parents/guardian.

As of the year 2017, below are the acceptable address proofs.

Source: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/popuponline/AttachmentAdvisorSub?subDocID=7001&amp%3BconfirmDOB=7001

1     Water Bill
2     Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)
3     Electricity bill
4     Income Tax Assessment Order
5     Election Commission Photo ID card
6     Proof of Gas Connection
7     Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
8     Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family details), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouses passport)
9     Parent's passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
10     Aadhaar Card
11     Registered Rent Agreement
12     Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)
answered by